Community: Funding to Help Children Train for Free
Alongside the charities we support, there is a growing number of inspirational community groups that do so much to help others. HY Running is one such example.
Last year, this Hastings-based running club launched an initiative to give young athletes and local children access to free training. It provides them with the chance to run and train to the best of their ability, bringing about important health and wellbeing benefits and social inclusion.
The Park Lane Group is a founding sponsor and we’re pleased to have pledged our support again this year to help the Club in its mission to:
- Provide free training for all kids, including track hire, coaching, mentoring and advice
- Actively look to get more kids on board, particularly from deprived areas
- Promote and encourage young talents
- Give all a club shirt and more importantly a club identity
- Run competitions, have prizes and incentives
- Train more coaches as required
Recently, Steve Foord our Construction Director attended the HY Running awards ceremony as a special guest, to hand out awards to each of the children involved, and give a special mention to those who performed the best this year. A few of the special mentions went out to; Ross Skelton, England team representative and Alfie Gannon who has prosthetic legs.
You can find out more about HY Runners on their facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/HY.Runners.Hastings/
And via their website at: https://www.hyrunners.co.uk